By Michael J. Seth
Read or Download A Concise History of Modern Korea: From the Late Nineteenth Century to the Present: Volume 2 PDF
Best asian history books
This well-researched quantity examines the Sino-Vietnamese hostilities of the overdue Seventies and Eighties, trying to comprehend them as strategic, operational and tactical occasions. The Sino-Vietnamese conflict was once the 3rd Indochina battle, and modern Southeast Asia can't be effectively understood except we recognize that the Vietnamese fought 3, now not , wars to set up their present function within the quarter.
This anthology offers a full of life and stimulating view of the lives of standard electorate in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. For the second one version of this renowned textbook, readings were up-to-date and new essays additional. the result's a well timed assortment that explores key issues in figuring out the quarter, together with gender, caste, type, faith, globalization, monetary liberalization, nationalism, and rising modernities.
Starting to be Up in British Malaya and Singapore: A Time of Fireflies and Wild Guavas is an autobiography of Maurice Baker's existence in Malaya and Singapore from the Twenties to the Forties. His memoir extends from the earliest of adolescence thoughts together with his friends and family as much as the defeat of the British through the jap career of Singapore.
Divided Lenses: monitor stories of struggle in East Asia is the 1st try and discover how the tumultuous years among 1931 and 1953 were recreated and renegotiated in cinema. this era observed hectic conflicts akin to the Sino-Japanese battle, the Pacific battle, and the Korean struggle, and pivotal occasions comparable to the Rape of Nanjing, Pearl Harbor, the conflict of Iwo Jima, and the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, all of which left a long-lasting imprint on East Asia and the realm.
- Japan in Perspective - Orientation Guide and Japanese Cultural Orientation: Geography, History, Economy, Security, Customs, Meiji Restoration, Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Ethnic Groups, Shinto, Buddhism
- State of Malaysia: Ethnicity, Equity and Reform (Routledge Malaysian Studies Series)
- Agenda for Economic Reform in Korea: International Perspectives (Hoover Institution Press Publication (Paperback))
- The Pacific (Seas in History)
- The United States and Cambodia, 1969-2000: A Troubled Relationship (Routledge Studies in the Modern History of Asia)
- A Most Enterprising Country: North Korea in the Global Economy
Additional info for A Concise History of Modern Korea: From the Late Nineteenth Century to the Present: Volume 2
A Concise History of Modern Korea: From the Late Nineteenth Century to the Present: Volume 2 by Michael J. Seth